Monday, August 3, 2009

Cognitive Coaching Workshop

I just finished the first four days of a fantastic cognitive coaching workshop. I've wanted to attend training for a number of years, but each time I had the opportunity to get the training, my schedule would preclude my participation. So, when this opportunity came up I thought it would be a great help in writing our grant. I can see many many applications of this new learning for my work.

There are four more days of training in the fall semester, and while I'm very much on overload now from these past four days, I sure wish I had that problem-solving map under my belt. If you get the chance to participate in a Cognitive Coaching workshop, DO IT !!!

Thank you Chrysann and Paula for making attending this workshop possible for me. It was such a gift!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Connie,
    When I read the Leadership syllabus and saw the Five States of Mind, I recognized the influence of Cognitive Coaching. I've done the eight sessions and use CC in my work all the time. In fact, just today my husband was fired up about a work situation and we looked at the Five States of Mind to help him locate internal resources to problem solve. Looking forward to hearing how you link these to other leadership concepts. All the best, Lynn H.

    ReplyDelete